Subtrop SAAGA Bursary 2021
About Subtrop SAAGA
South Africa Subtropical Growers’ Association (Subtrop) is a body which manages the affairs of three other associations, including the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA), the South African Litchi Growers’ Association (SALGA) and the South African Mango Growers’ Association (SAMGA).
SAAGA’s rationale includes the entire gambit of avocado production, marketing, distribution, and research. The association also offers a bursary for helping students of colour studying within the avocado industry in South Africa. Bursaries will be given to those following a BSc Agriculture degree. They will be required to enter into an agreement with Subtrop.
Subtrop SAAGA Bursary 2021
Subtrop not only focuses on enhancing agricultural growth but also empowering student education. It offers annual bursaries depending on the needs of students of colour from disadvantaged groups pursuing a degree in agriculture and its related fields. These include:
- BSc. Agricultural Economics
- BSc. Horticultural Science
- BSc. Agriculture
The bursary aims at recruiting qualified and trained graduates to the South African avocado industry. It is a requirement for graduates to sign a contract with Subtrop where they have to work for the company within the same amount of time their bursaries lasted.
They are then required to work under available positions related to their field of study. You have no obligation to Subtrop when upon completion of your course the job is not available. You then have the chance to work for an open position in your field with members of SAAGA.
Being a first-time applicant does not guarantee you to qualify for another bursary. You are to apply annually with the subsequent bursary granted upon having achieved good academic progress.
Subtrop SAAGA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Before the application for the bursary, you need to satisfy the following minimum application requirements. Failure to meet any of these criteria results in the lack of consideration of your application.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must come from a previously disadvantaged group
- Your field of study should be among any of the ones listed above
- Study at a tertiary institution recognized by the South African government
- If it is okay with you to pursue a career whose job is available at the avocado industry in South Africa
The application form is available at https://www.subtrop.co.za/careers/bursaries in doc and pdf formats. You must submit the following documents alongside the application form to Subtrop offices to their e-mail address. Failure to attach these supporting documentation leads to the disregard of your application.
- A certified copy of your national ID
- A certified copy of your Matric
- A complete record of your academics in university on a tertiary letterhead
- A letter of motivation to convince the panel why you deserve the bursary
- A Curriculum Vitae that is not more than two pages
- Any added details of other bursaries or scholarships that fund your education
Application Closing Date
The application process ends on 31 October 2020 .
For any question or queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Subtrop directly at:
Address: 13 Peace Street Arborpark Tzaneen 0850
Telephone Number: +27 15 307 3676 / +27 15 307 3677
E-mail Address: email@example.com