About the South African Table Grape Industry (SATI)
It was the French Huguenot who settled in the Western Cape that identified its valleys as ideal for the growth of grapes and production of wine. Since then, South Africa has developed a reputation for growing some of the finest table grapes in the world.
SATI is an organisation which aims to expand the potential markets for South African vineyards while being responsive to the need for transformation and diversity in the industry.
The organisation offers skills development to farmworkers from previously disadvantaged communities, enabling them to seek advancement in the industry. Black South African students, preferably those whose families are Land Reform beneficiaries who are interested in the table grape sector and supporting industry, can apply for SATI bursaries.
South African Table Grape Industry Bursary 2021
For 2021, the South African Table Grape Industry offers bursaries to students who want to pursue their Postgraduate and Undergraduate studies. These are for Further Education Training and Tertiary Education. The bursaries are for students interested in the fields of study related to the table grape industry including:
- Agricultural Economy
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
The bursary covers provisions for these expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Study materials
- Food expenses
- Living expenses
- Other expenses to motivate students.
The scholarship can either be full or partial. This is a decision determined on a case-to-case basis.
South African Table Grape Industry Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the required minimum requirements before applying:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- For applicants of the FET bursary, must have completed grade 8 or equivalent under SAQA.
- For applicants of the TE bursary, must have completed Matric or equivalent under the SAQA.
- Must be a black student, especially beneficiaries of land reforms and their children.
- Must have ha high interest in pursuing a career within the table grape industry or other supporting industries.
- Must be currently studying within a field of study relevant to the table grape industry.
- Must be currently studying towards a Postgraduate or Undergraduate qualification.
- Must be currently studying full-time or part-time.
- Must have a strong academic record
- Preference goes to students who have been previously disadvantaged and students in financial need.
If an interested applicant fails to satisfy these requirements, this will lead to their application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online at https://www.satgi.co.za/bursary-form/. Also, the applicant must submit clear copies of the following documents with the online application:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- For applicants of the TE bursary, a certified copy of their Matric certificate.
- For applicants of the FET bursary, a certified copy of their grade 8 certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s complete academic record on the tertiary letterhead if currently studying.
- Proof of tertiary registration or acceptance on the tertiary letterhead.
- A completed SATI Bursary Declaration with an official signature.
Failure to submit any of these items will lead to the application getting disregarded.
31 August 2020
Address: 63 Main Street, Paarl
Telephone Number: 021 863 0366