Unemployed individuals interested in applying for the Covid-19 social relief grant will only qualify if they do not receive other social grants provided by the government, said Sassa chief executive Busisiwe Memela Khambula.
Memela-Khambula said on Monday Sassa was ready to receive applications for the R350 distress social relief grant which was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa over a week ago.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee on the Home Affiars system and be a resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa
- The applicant must be unemployed
- The applicant must be over 18 years old
- The applicant must not be receiving any income
- The applicant must not be receiving any social grants
- The applicant must not be receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits and do not qualify to recieve Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- The applicant must not be receiving National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) stipend
- The applicant must not be resident in a government fundend or subsidised institution