Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
Applications for the R350 SASSA Social relief of distress grants are now open.
Applicants must be:
– Above the age of 18;
– Not receiving any income;
– Not receiving any social grant;
– Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
– Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
– Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Prospective Applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for processing of their applications:
– Identity Number;
– Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
– Gender and Disability;
– Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
– Contact details – Cell phone number;
– Proof of Residential Address;
In terms of Application process, an application for social relief of distress or a social grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications. The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting SASSA or an E-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za. We are still finalising additional access channels and including SMS, self-help desks and online application process.
Who can apply?
- An unemployed person
- Must be over 18 years old
- Not not be receiving social grants, UIF OR NSFAS benefits
What You need to apply?
- Identity Document
- Banking details
- Contact Number – Cellphone number
- Proof of residential address
How to apply
- Apply on whatsapp by sending a message to the number : 082 046 8553 . You can save the number as sassa grant on your phone book then search for it on whatsapp
- You can also apply by dialing *134*7737#
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org unemployment relief fund