Simmer Engineering is currently seeking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Production Planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. Founded in 1973 Simmer Engineering has crafted a steadfast name of quality as a specialist manufacturing facility.
Specialising in precision engineering and machining of components as well as the fabrication of various components linked to the mining, rail and military industries, we at Simmer Engineering focus on adding value to your product with our years of on hand experience and modern use of technology.
The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Production Planner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Mode of Application
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours then we regret to inform you that you were not successful.
Opportunities You Might Like:
- Spar Stores is Currently Looking for Cashiers, Packers & Cleaners
- Maintenance Manager at Watershed Consulting
- Internal Sales Representative at AGA Recruitment Specialists
- Business Analyst at Corporate Placements