These positions are located within the Prosthetics Treatment Center (PTC) of the Prosthetics and Sensory Aids Service at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, VA. The Purchasing Agent provides patient care/support services to an adult population and will tailor the patient care/support services to meet specialized need(s) of the individual patient.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Receives phone calls and interviews Veterans reporting to the Prosthetic Service;
- Advises the Veteran, family member, or other representative of equipment safety and maintenance and what to do to obtain repairs;
- Authorizes and prepares complex purchase orders for a wide variety of prosthetic and orthotic devices, medical supplies and home medical equipment and repairs;
- Uses the Prosthetics Inventory Package (PIP) when issuing items from stock;
- Responsible for successful completion of the Simplified Acquisition Program in order to be warranted as a purchasing agent for the government;
- Reconciles all invoices timely within 10-days for certification of payment by reviewing Veteran records against invoices presented to ensure that accurate cost is being charged for service/item rendered;
- Provides assistance and training to new Purchasing Agents in ordering or appropriate prosthetic appliances, purchase care reconciliation, stock and inventory control, etc.;
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- May be required to serve a probationary period
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Veterans Affairs
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!