This position will serve as a Registered Nurse in the Surgical Progressive Care Unit in the Nursing Service at the Central Virginia VA Healthcare System in Richmond, VA responsible and accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse veteran patient population.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Completing initial assessments of patient condition and response to treatment; initiating follow-up as needed;
- Developing and implementing a plan to meet needs and instructions patients and families in self-care and treatment measures;
- Participating in discharge planning and providing continuity of care through developing an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family and health care team;
- Administering prescribed therapies using appropriate judgment;
- Accurately documenting in the medical record patient findings, assessments, and care provided;
- Serving as a resource and providing accurate information to patients and other staff when ethical issues arise;
- Administering medications in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Applying problem-solving skills on the unit or program level leading to an improvement in patient care; and
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Department of Veterans Affairs
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!