The incumbent serves as an electrician in a commercial/light industrial setting, performing tasks involved in the operation, maintenance and repair of the Martinsburg VAMC Electrical System. Incumbent will be assigned to the Electric Shop. Incumbent may be required to perform duties normally assigned to other engineering shops on an emergency basis or as mission dictates.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all equipment as assigned and make repairs as necessary, to include but not limited to generators, transfer switches, switch gear, lighting, kitchen equipment, washers/dryers, pump motors, elevators, automatic doors, medical equipment, fire alarm system, etc. along with various other repairs as determined by the Electrician Supervisor.
- Accomplishes electrical work on construction alterations, maintenance and repair projects and does a wide variety of electrical work to include Installation of EMT, rigid and flexible conduit.
- Makes installation of interior and exterior wiring to include but not limited to 120v, 208v, 277)/, 480v, low voltage wiring (CATS cable) and control wiring as per NEC.
- Manage work orders assigned by using VISTA (view, keep time, annotate work completed and close work orders, etc.)
- Monthly operation, loading and record readings on generators in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Perform routine scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Perform various maintenance tasks on Elevators to include but not limited to cleaning shafts, weekly inspections, minor adjustments, verify proper operation and assisting qualified licensed technicians with repairs.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Ability to select and use hand tools, power tools, and test equipment in the course ofassignments and repairs.
- Occasionally install new equipment and systems that fall within the scope of journeyman level work as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Monitor and communicate with appropriate persons per medical center policy concerning station fire alarms, disaster notification and various other alarm systems.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Department of Veterans Affairs
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!