A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Driver at Addo Elephant National Park (Addo Main Camp). The successful incumbent will report to the Duty Manager.
Note: Official accommodation will not be provided inside the park. Please specify the position that you are applying for due to multiple vacancies. If not your application will not be considered.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B2 grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- To provide professional transport services to and from destinations.
- To operate a pick-up (linen & garbage) and delivery service for the park.
- To keep records of items received and/or delivered.
- Covid-19 screening and sanitizing of employees and school children boarding the bus.
- To perform messenger duties.
- To perform any other related duties assigned, cleaning the school bus.
- Transport of school children with School Bus on a daily basis.
- Assist with other administrative duties when required.
- Deliver Goods at different camps and/or Sections
- Take responsibility for goods from point of loading to point of delivery.
- Daily inspection of the vehicle according to a prescribed inspection sheet.
- Cleaning and maintaining of vehicles;
- Daily completion of trip sheets.
- Record keeping and other admin functions that arise from driving duties e.g Monthly completion of the vehicle log sheet
- To assist with the general duties of the department in the absence of driving duties;
- Adhoc duties as required by the supervisor.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What you’ll need
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) certificate.
- A minimum of one to three (1 to 3) years of driving heavy-duty vehicles is essential
- A valid Code C1 with a PDP driverâ€™s license is essential.
- A valid first aid certificate is essential
- Occupational Health and Safety Act Certificate
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Driver at South African National Parks
Applications must be accompanied by a Cover letter, CV, copies of ID, Driver’s License, PDP and relevant qualifications to be submitted to the following address:
ATT: Ilze Jonker
Human Resource Department
Addo Elephant National Park
PO Box 52
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!