A Leading company in the Transport industry is looking to employ a driver for one of their depot in Paarl Meadowfeeds. We are looking for a reliable company driver to assist the company with all transport-related duties.
The company driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to. You should also be able to perform routine checks on the company vehicle.
To be successful as a company driver, you should ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To provide professional transport services to and from destinations.
- To operate a pick-up (linen & garbage) and delivery service for the park.
- To keep records of items received and/or delivered.
- Covid-19 screening and sanitizing of employees and school children boarding the bus.
- To perform messenger duties.
- To perform any other related duties assigned, cleaning the school bus.
- Transport of school children with School Bus on a daily basis.
- Assist with other administrative duties when required.
- Deliver Goods at different camps and/or Sections
- Take responsibility for goods from point of loading to point of delivery.
- Daily inspection of the vehicle according to a prescribed inspection sheet.
- Cleaning and maintaining of vehicles;
- Daily completion of trip sheets.
- Record keeping and other admin functions that arise from driving duties e.g Monthly completion of the vehicle log sheet
- To assist with the general duties of the department in the absence of driving duties;
- Adhoc duties as required by the supervisor.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
What you’ll need
- Valid code 14 Drivers license
- Valid PrDP
- Minimum 3 Years Driving Experience with Code 14 (Non-negotiable)
- Truck To Be Driven: Man, Mercedes Benz
- Vehicle Configuration: Tri-Axle, Superlink, Rigid Drawbar
- Must be 23 years of age and older, South African Citizens only
- Ability to read and write English (Advantageous)
- Must reside in Ladismith or Surrounding Area
- Medically fit
- Clear Criminal Record and No Dismissal Record
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Code 14 Driver at Barloworld Automotive & Logistics
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!