University of Zululand Bridging Courses
Science & Agriculture
EXTENDED (Augmented Curriculum)
Augmented stream enables students to complete the first academic year over two years and they will receive substantial additional tuition and support. This stream will add an additional year to the minimum time required for the completion of a programme.
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Industrial Science
The Foundation stream enables students to spend their first year in a dedicated programme designed to improve their academic grounding. This stream will add an additional year to the minimum time required for the completion of a programme.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Extended Four-Year Programme
This is an alternate access programme offered over a four year period. It targets students with potential and flair for business and commercial interests.
Students with matriculation endorsement and with a pass in English, E (HG) /D (SG) and Mathematics, F (SG) will be considered. It is designed to develop competencies of students in language and numeracy and at the same time giving additional support by way of small group tutorials/lectures, for students to cope with the regular BCom modules. The additional year is designed to be student-centred focusing on raising their ability to meet the standards of the programme.
University of Zululand Courses
Unizulu offers career-focused programmes and courses that have been structured with potential employees and employers in mind.
Courses are Offered under the following faculties
Faculty of Science & Agriculture Courses
Faculty of Education Courses
Faculty of Arts Courses
Faculty of Commerce, Administration & Law Courses
The following undergraduate programmes are offered by the Faculty:
- A three-year double major programme leading to the award of a B.Sc degree. This permits students to study certain combinations of disciplines in accordance with their interests and requirements. Curricula are designed so that graduates are equipped with the necessary skills to pursue careers in various fields.
- A three-year focussed programme leading to the following degrees: B.Consumer Science (Hospitality and Tourism).B.A. Environmental Planning and Development.
- A four-year focussed programme leading to the following degrees: B.Sc Agriculture (Agronomy), B.Sc Agriculture (Animal Science), B.Sc Agriculture (Agribusiness Management), B.Consumer Science (Extension and Rural Development), and B.Cur., (Bachelor of Nursing Science)
- A three-year diploma programme leading to the following diplomas: Diploma in Sport and Exercise Technology, Diploma in Hospitality Management
All the above qualifications are accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Students are advised that even though a module or programme may be included in this Handbook the Faculty of Science and Agriculture is not compelled to offer it.
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND MICROBIOLOGY
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOKINETICS AND SPORT SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF HYDROLOGY
- DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- DEPARTMENT OF NURSING SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING
- DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE ACCESS
- DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY